Thursday, June 30, 2005

 

France Travel - Part 2

My second time in France was also that summer. Our classes in Rome finished earlier than we had expected and we found that we had 5 extra days. Given this extra time I thought I'd take the opportunity to go back to Paris. I booked an inexpensive flight for a Tuesday afternoon. My last final was due that day; I rushed to the school to turn in my exam and then made my way to the airport. I made it to the airport with just minutes to spare. But they let me on the plane and it was one of the most pleasant flights I've ever taken. I landed at Charles DeGaulle and used one of the hotel telephones to book a room at the IBIS (dear old IBIS) near Bastille. I felt very brave, but I definitely wanted a hotel room before I left the airport. The next morning I got up and made my way to the Champs Elysees and the visitor bureau. I got a room in Les Halles for 2 nights. I did the turbo tour of the Louvre. I was, honestly, exhausted, and I spent a lot of time sitting and watching the people.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Philly: Let Freedom (Blog)Ring!
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random