Tuesday, July 26, 2005

 

American Idol Tour

Yes, I have to admit it. I went to the American Idol concert this weekend in Philadelphia. I went with a co-worker and her 2 daughters (one 15 and the other 6). It was actually a good time. I had to laugh a little at all of the screaming tweens and teens. There were also quite a few folks over 15 - I was a little surprised.

I had followed the series last season so I knew all of the performers and most of the songs they sang. The kids were actually quite good; I was impressed with their live performances.

Sure it was cheesy - but sometimes that can be fun. I enjoyed seeing the concert with Sabrina, the 15 year old. She kept giving me the "thumbs up" and high fives.

But I also have to say - kids today don't seem to be as rabid of fans as we were as teenagers. Maybe it's too much exposure/accessibility.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Philly: Let Freedom (Blog)Ring!
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random