Friday, August 05, 2005

 

Rock Star INXS

Have you been watching? I have, and I'm hooked. I wasn't planning on watching the show when it was first advertised (I was a little sad for the band) - but summer TV has left few alternatives and now it's become an obsession. The show is on 3 days a week (and some times they rebroadcast on the weekends) - so it's total saturation.

The gist of the show is that group of "undiscovered" rockers are vying for the chance to perform (and record) as the new lead singer of INXS. Since the death of Michael Hutchence in 1997 there have been a variety of "stand in" singers, but no one permanent.

Each week the rockers perform and the "world" (it's actually being broadcast globally) votes and then the bottom 3 are singled out and asked to sing an INXS song then the band chooses who will be eliminated.

I have some definite favorites among the group of hopefuls - but it's been the band that I've really developed a new (if not "rekindled") appreciation for. Monday through Wednesday are my new favorite tv days - and Rock Star INXS is my favorite show!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Philly: Let Freedom (Blog)Ring!
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random