Tuesday, July 18, 2006

 

Finally read me some Devil wears Prada

Kelly lent me the book - I wasn't loving it when i first started reading, but then I had a marathon reading session on Sunday. No biggie, it's too hot right now to move, so reading is a great diversion. Anyway - Kelly has also seen the movie and says that it (the movie) is very different from the book and in some very critical (to the plot) ways.

My favorite character was Christian. Just like one of my favorite literary characters, Henry Crawford, of Mansfield Park, Christian is an annoyance, a fly in the ointment to confuse the protagonist's sensibilities. Sadly, as with poor Henry, there are not many Christian moments, but it was enough to keep me turning the pages.

Can't even like the nice guys in books; huh?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Philly: Let Freedom (Blog)Ring!
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random